Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 9: A rest day in Boise, Idaho


After over 600 miles in 8 days with over 30,000' of climbing we are taking a day off in Boise. Started the day with a breakfast of oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, and a bagel with cream cheese. Got my laundry going prior to breakfast and finished it before walking into town with Tom to see the State Capital Building and take in a slice of Boise. The town is very bike friendly with trails and parks along the river near Boise State. Even the squirrels are friendly here. Needing one more white SPF 50 shirt for the ride I rode out to REI on the otherside of town. I made a leisurely ride back to the hotel and cleaned my bike and lubed the chain for tomorrows ride. Picked-up a spare chain so I have a replacement when my old one reaches about 2000 miles and also mailed a package back home to Belle. Dinner was at a nearby Perkins. A great relaxing day in Boise. (To see more pics please checkout my facebook page.)

Roadkill count stands at 71
Flats: 0
Hurts: Sore spots are gone as a good night's sleep and only minor biking seem to have taken care of em.

No comments:

Post a Comment