Sunday, June 6, 2010

Done with the 250 miles/week training rides

Yesterday morning on Belle's birthday, Belle and I did the Issaquah Triathlon in 59 degree water and it wasn't too bad. After many days of rain the weather cleared for what turned out to be a perfect day. We both finished with no incidents. In the afternoon I rode for another 44 miles to finish the week with 250.4 miles. Only 2 weeks left before the ride and plan to taper my riding down to 150-200/week so as to feel fresh for the start of the ride. Today the rain is back again. Since January 1st I have ridden over 4060 miles. Doesn't seem like it has been that much but day after day it adds up. Fundraising is also going well having just passed the $2100.00 mark. Everyone has been generous and encouraging. Thanks to all who have helped me move closer to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment